Kink.com was founded by bondage enthusiast Peter Acworth in 1997. Kink.com's central offices are located in the historic San Francisco Armory, and we invite anyone interested to take a tour.
What is Kink:
In addition to producing the most authentic, highest quality BDSM recorded content in the world, Kink has blossomed into many other business activities. As Peter always had an underlying goal to demystify and embrace alternative sexualities, he needed to find ways to reach as many people as possible. Here’s a sample of the endeavors Kink.com is pursuing:
- Live Streaming Content - Kink Live (live web cam models), virtual tours of the armory and live broadcasts of many of our branded websites.
- Tours of the Historical San Francisco Armory - We welcome anyone to come visit us learn about the amazing building we work in
- Armory Club cocktail lounge - enjoy a cocktail in a slightly kinky environment directly across the street from the Armory
- Armory Community Center- Event venue space attached to the Armory that can accomodate up to 3,500 guests
- Merchandise - lifestyle and BDSM toys (branded and unbranded) coming Spring 2015
- Kink University - educational content to help novices and experts practice aspects of BDSM in a safe, sane and consensual manner.
When it comes to our benefits and perks, you will find we are competitive with much larger organizations.
Here is a sample of what you can expect when you join Cybernet Entertainment:
- Benefits to protect and add value: medical, dental, vision, group term life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) Safe Harbor Plan, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, and mass transit and parking reimbursement accounts
- Employee Fitness Center: full fitness center free to use by our employees
- Lunches produced in our catering kitchen by a chef and his team: lunches are produced 4 days a week, taking into account individual eating needs and allergies
- Camera and video equipment use - employees can borrow high end video and camera equipment for personal projects. Employees can also shoot content anywhere in the Armory.
- Dogs at work - well behaved pooches are welcome to join you in the workforce
- Armory Club discounts - employees receive a discount when going for a cocktail at the Armory Club
- Event access - live events at the Armory often have audience members. Employees have access to all these events
Mission and Values:
We demystify and celebrate alternative sexualities by providing the most authentic kinky experiences.
- We uphold a safe, sane and consensual environment.
- We provide a fun workplace which stimulates innovation and creativity.
- We operate with honesty and integrity.
- We treat one another with professionalism and respect.
- We foster collaboration while maintaining individual accountability.
- We encourage candid, direct feedback.
- We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
Kink.com as an employer
- Kink.com is an equal opportunities employer. Our 130+ employees include 40% women, a diverse mix of communities of color, and a strong representation from the LGBTQQ communities.
- Employees are well paid and receive full benefits: health, dental, vision and employer matched 401K.
- Kink.com usually hires production staff at the entry level, and provides a career path with training.
- Kink.com has an unusually low turnover of employees.
Treatment of Models
Kink.com has a reputation in the adult entertainment industry for respectful and fair treatment of models. Kink.com complies with all laws regarding treatment and age identification of models. The following list shows some of the other ways Kink.com has worked to gain this very good reputation. Here is the Model Rights for Kink: